Strategic Relations and Communications is hiring a student liaison for the Buff Info program.
Job Title: Buff Info Student Liaison
Job Category: Student Assistant I
Department/Group: Strategic Relations/Buff Info
Job Code: 4101
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: Start $16
Position Type: Part-time Student Employment
Eligible for Raise: Yes
Who we are
Buff Info is CU Boulder’s centralized point of contact for information and resources. Have questions? We’re here to help. Buff Info is CU Boulder’s centralized resource for all students, faculty, staff, and community members. Our team of staff and students will provide answers to your questions to quickly guide you to campus resources.
Ask questions via chat, email, or phone; receive help with general information; and connect with campus resources.
Buff Info can provide information about:
- Academic support
- Financial services
- Physical and mental well-being
- Registration and enrollment
- Student resources
Role and responsibilities
The Buff Info Liaison will need to demonstrate self-sufficiency, competency, and teamwork, and will be actively working on their own with emails, chats, phones, social media and other forms of contact.
- Participate in the Buff Info day-to-day cases; follow up with clients, documentation, trends, and training. This includes providing constituent support to the University of Colorado Boulder community via phone, email, chat, social media and other forms of constituent contact for general university-related questions and requests. The position is responsible for first-level assessment and triage determination for these questions and requests, as well as for questions and requests that would normally be routed to partner departments such as Strategic Relations and Communications, Division of Student Affairs, Office of Information Technology, and Offices of Enrollment Management.
- Maintain proficient knowledge to actively work Buff Info cases (answer chats and log them in our CRM system for data purposes).
- Provide constituent support to the via phone, email, chat, for general university-related questions and requests and log them in our CRM system for data purposes.
- Accurately capture relevant and detailed information for reporting purposes.
- Be proficient with and use tools to perform the function of being the single point of contact for campus information disbursement.
- Expected to use tools and resources according to campus IT policies.
- Navigate the Buff Info workstations to pull up personal data, enter case notes, and communicate with professional staff.
Qualifications and education requirements
- Current student, taking six credit hours or more or enrolled in the Leave of Absence program with the Office of the Registrar.
- Candidate needs to be intensely interested in helping their campus community, answering questions, and providing accurate and timely information concerning campus events, policies, and procedures.
- Employee must be able to work a set but flexible schedule around academic course times.
- Strong soft skills
- Attention to detail
- Discretion (FERPA, HIPPA, privacy, etc.)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in the service industry or retail is desirable
- Coursework in communication-oriented classes/courses or coursework in humanities (English, journalism, sociology, anthropology, ethnic studies, education, or any other related field)
Required minimum hours
Must commit to working 12 hours per week to maintain proficient knowledge. More hours may be available as business needs change and as terms change.
Get more information on student employee work hours through CU Student Employment.
To apply for this position, email Caci Pippin (email@example.com) with the subject line Buff Info Student Employee Application and include the following items:
Please note: A criminal background check may be required for this position.