The lead nurture and conversion specialist focuses on keeping in contact with our prospective students (leads) and nudge them toward applying and enrolling in degree and/or certificate programs and enrolling in classes.
Who we are:
The Graduate School serves as the intellectual crossroads of the university, a place where we work to educate the next generation of teachers, scholars and researchers and to develop the fields of knowledge and research within which those leaders will pursue their work.
Over 5000 graduate students from around the world come to CU Boulder to work in over 100 programs leading to master's and doctoral degrees. We offer degrees in the full range of disciplines, and we also provide a number of opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary work, both in degree and certificate programs.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Nurturing & Email Marketing
- Use email marketing techniques to successfully keep generated leads' interest in CU-Boulder professional master's degrees and graduate certificates.
- Create, modify, and maintain the strategy for nurturing leads.
- Determine the process to compose, build, segment, and manage email lists and campaigns.
- Decide the process for optimizing email sends.
- Minimize list decay and unsubscribes and increase productivity of email sends.
- Find new approaches to lead nurturing.
Content Marketing & Writing
- Employ content marketing techniques and key messaging to write relevant content for various outlets.
- Create the design of email templates, call to action, and links used in email sends.
- Write the content for emails and offers and other related items such as specific webpages.
- Create and implement new projects and creative ideas to improve lead conversion rates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director on creating and tweaking key messaging.
Advising & Conversion
- Serve as the in-house expert on admission qualifications and requirements for every professional master's degree (PMD) and graduate certificate offered and use knowledge to convert leads to enrolled students.
- Decide how best to interact/communicate with leads and applicants and how best to manage those relationships in a positive manner.
- Proactively collaborate with department/program personnel to keep abreast of new offerings, requirements, and requests.
- Decide how best to nudge leads to convert (ask for the sale).
Reporting & Documentation
- Track results and determine ROI reporting on a consistent basis; write and compile complete documentation on all efforts and store files in the office-shared drive.
- Determine the best method to measure results from nurturing campaigns.
- Determine how best to report results on an ongoing basis.
- Keep office staff, departments, and programs informed of new leads, applicants, and enrollment conversions.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions/campaigns that succeed through email.
- Analyze and interpret the behaviors and patterns that make customers successful and more likely to be retained by CU Boulder.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is open to CU Boulder employees. Refer to the full posting requirements and deadline to apply.
How to apply:
- Log into the MyCUinfo portal
- Select Nav Bar in upper right corner
- Navigate to CU Resources tab
- Select CU Careers- Search Jobs/Apply from the Business Tools menu
- Search job number 11025 or Lead Nurture & Conversion Specialist - InternalCU