We are seeking participants for a study of eye movements and brain activity during learning.
Am I eligible? You are eligible to participant in this research study if you:
- Are able to visit our lab at CU Boulder
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are fluent in English
- Have not previously taken part in the online learning study with our lab (check if unsure)
- Are in good health
- Have no history of seizures
- Have normal or corrected-to-normal vision
- Are proficient with computers
What does my participation entail? The study requires one visit (2-3 hours) to the lab on East Campus (1777 Exposition Drive, Boulder, CO 80309), plus one 30-minute follow-up questionnaire to be completed online.
The first visit will involve having your eye movements, physiological responses (e.g. heart rate), video of your face/upper body, and brain activity non-invasively recorded while you complete a computer-based reading task and answer several questionnaires. It will take approximately 2-3 hours and you will be paid $20 per hour. About a week later, you will complete a 30-minute online survey; upon completion you will receive an additional $10.
What are the COVID-related safety procedures? We will take utmost care to ensure your safety for the duration of the visit, with stringent procedures approved by CU administration.
- We provide masks, handwashing stations and temperature checks on arrival
- All occupants of the building are required to wear a mask at all times
- All equipment is sterilized between uses with medical-grade disinfectant
- You will be alone in the testing room for most of the study (a researcher will run the session from an adjacent room, instructing you via video conference)
- Only six people will be in the facility at a time (<50% occupancy)
How will I get paid? Payment will be via an Amazon gift card.
What are the next steps? If you are interested in participating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.