Go all in! Alternative Breaks sends teams of college students to engage in meaningful service during their breaks from school. This week-long journey over spring break provides students with the opportunity to explore the United States while making a difference through service, reflecting upon their experience and creating long-lasting connections with others.
Gain valuable leadership experience as site leader. Each trip is led by two co-site leaders who are responsible for planning all aspects of the trip, which includes:
- Solidifying a service site and housing
- Recruiting participants
- Facilitating pre-trip meetings
- Leading the group during the trip
- Managing a trip budget
- Creating safe spaces for learning and reflection
- Implementing the philosophies of the Volunteer Resource Center and Alternative Breaks program
The deadline to apply is Sept. 19.