Each summer, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival invites kids ages 9-18 to CU Boulder’s campus to study Shakespeare with CSF professionals. Working in small groups, these students learn about Shakespeare by rehearsing, staging and performing a shortened play on the outdoor Mary Rippon stage. Camp Shakespeare is a fabulous way for kids and teens to explore theater and Shakespeare in a creative and supportive environment.
In addition to acting training, students participate in master classes with special guests from the CSF company. Campers also work with a stage combat professional to learn the safe way to fight onstage. Tuition ($925)* includes one ticket to attend a CSF performance.
Camp Shakespeare Session 1
May 29–June 25
9 a.m. to noon Monday–Friday (session begins on a Tuesday)
- Ages 9–13 will rehearse and perform Love's Labour's Lost
- Ages 14–18 will rehearse and perform All's Well That Ends Well
Final performance: 6 p.m. Monday, June 25
Camp Shakespeare Session 2
July 23–Aug. 10
1–5 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Ages 9–12 will rehearse and perform The Tempest (full)
- Ages 13–15 will rehearse and perform Richard III (one spot left)
- Ages 16–18 will rehearse and perform Edward III
Final performance: 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10
*Scholarships available upon request; email email@example.com or call 303-735-1181 for more information. Get $50 off when you use the faculty-staff coupon code "BUFFCAMP2018."