The Neural Control of Movement Laboratory, located on Main Campus, is conducting a study that examines the effect of electrical stimulation on improving single-leg balance in experienced dancers. Subjects will be compensated with an electrical stimulation device.
- Dancer between 18–35 years of age with
- Five or more years of technique-based dance training
- Healthy and free of neurologic disease
The study will consist of one familiarization, two evaluations and 12 treatment sessions, meeting three times per week for four weeks.
- First visit: Familiarization session, about 30 minutes
- Evaluations: Before and after treatment, about 2.5 hours
- Training history, balance, strength and steadiness
- Intervention, about 30 minutes per session
If interested, please email Leah Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.