The University of Colorado announces the position of director of Applied Shakespeare, a professional master’s certificate program that combines the study of Shakespeare plays with immersive experiences at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
The interdisciplinary program is run by the Graduate School in coordination with the Department of English, the Department of Theater & Dance and the Colorado Shakespeare Festival. Get details here.
The advisory committee seeks a tenure-track faculty to serve an initial two-year contract, renewable, to take the program to sustainability. The duties will include:
- Lead the program, including calling the advisory committee, developing a trajectory toward sustainability and handling all inquiries
- Vision strategic planning for program growth, including relaunching the certificate program, developing an MA or MFA, in-house graduate certificate, Massive Open Online Courses, towards an interdisciplinary Center for Applied Shakespeare
- Coordinate online course design, including distance and MOOC courses where applicable
- Lead marketing and recruiting efforts for certificate program, including social media (Facebook, etc.), Mailchimp correspondence (with paid and organic leads), etc.
- Design and manage Applied Shakespeare website
- Serve as primary contact for prospective and admitted Applied Shakespeare students
- Review applications, interview and select students for certificate program in consultation with advisory committee
- Create an MOU between all participating departments and organizations to present to the advisory committee
The position will include $5,000 in summer salary stipend, annually. The appointment will be made through the Graduate School begin in the fall of 2018 and continue for two years.
Applications should include a CV, a brief letter of intent and a short statement of support by the applicant’s chair. Applications are due Oct. 22 and will be reviewed by the advisory committee (Bud Coleman, Wendy Franz, David Glimp, William Kuskin, Tim Orr, Erika Randall and Sue Zemka). Inquiries can be made to any members of the advisory committee.
Please send complete applications to William Kuskin at firstname.lastname@example.org.