We are seeking participants for a study of eye movements and brain activity during learning.
Am I eligible? You are eligible to participant in this research study if you:
- Currently reside in the Boulder area
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are fluent in English
- Have not previously taken part in the Online Learning study with our lab
- Are in good health
- Have no history of seizures
- Have normal or corrected-to-normal vision
- Are proficient with computers
What does my participation entail? The study requires one visit of approximately two hours to the lab on East Campus (1777 Exposition Drive, Boulder, CO 80309—see COVID-19 safety procedures below), plus one 30-minute follow-up questionnaire to be completed online.
The first visit will involve having your eye movements, physiological responses (e.g., heart rate), video of your face/upper body, and brain activity non-invasively recorded while you complete a computer-based reading task and answer several questionnaires. It will take approximately two hours and you will be paid $20 per hour, for a total of $40. About a week later, you will complete a 30-minute online survey; upon completion you will receive an additional $10.
What are the COVID-related safety procedures? We will take utmost care to ensure your safety for the duration of the visit, with stringent procedures approved by CU administration.
- We provide masks, hand-washing stations and temperature checks on arrival
- All occupants of the building are required to wear a mask at all times
- All equipment is sterilized between uses with medical-grade disinfectant
- You will be alone in the testing room for most of the study (a researcher will run the session from an adjacent room, instructing you via video conference)
- Only three people will be in the facility at a time (<25% occupancy)
How will I get paid? Payment will be via an Amazon gift card.
What are the next steps? If you are interested in participating, please contact us at email@example.com.