The CU Boulder Office of Information Technology welcomes applications for an associate director of network engineering and operations.
This individual has primary accountability for the ongoing delivery, operations, support and continual improvement of CU Boulder’s network infrastructure, an infrastructure vital and central to CU Boulder’s ability to successfully deliver on its three strategic imperatives:
- Shape tomorrow’s leaders
- Be the top university for innovation
- Positively impact humanity
The associate director will work closely and collaboratively with other OIT service managers, the campus community, peer institutions, the city and county of Boulder, and partner organizations such as the Front Range GigaPop, to understand their requirements and ensure network services continuously serve our stakeholders.
This position will set the direction for day-to-day decisions regarding the business-critical network services delivered to our customers. It will also develop policies, procedures, and operating guidelines for the standardization, maintenance and protection of our central networking systems in alignment with OIT service management processes. The associate director will create and monitor budgets and manage internal projects, and you will supervise and manage a team of professional network engineers.
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and/or relevant experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years of experience in the management of mission-critical/high-availability networks, both wired and wireless, services in a large, complex enterprise IT environment including planning, formulating and managing complex budgets.
- Three years of experience directly supervising a team of three or more IT professionals.
How to apply
Non-CU Boulder employees: Apply at colorado.edu/jobs.
Current CU Boulder employees:
- Log in to MyCUInfo portal.
- Navigate to the CU Resources tab.
- Select Business Tools.
- Select the CU Boulder Jobs tile.
- Search "Associate Director, Network Engineering & Operations" or "17837."