Learn about mental health related to STEM and LGBTQ+ issues Monday, Nov. 6. The presentation and Q&A will be given by a licensed therapist from CAPS.
Topics will include:
- The stigma surrounding mental health
- Recognizing abnormalities in behavioral patterns, where the line is between daily stress and mental illness
- Letting go of social inhibitions
- Carrying shame and fear as LGBT folks
- Signs and manifestations of stress
- Recognizing and dealing with toxic relationships
- Sleep and self-care
- Resources on and off campus and Q&A
oSTEM at CU Boulder is a queer student organization for students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) that promotes networking, professional development and provides a safe space on campus for community building.
Monday, Nov. 6, 7–8 p.m.
Engineering Center, The Bold Center conference room