The SHINE Lab is seeking participants for a study of brain activity during game play.
Am I eligible? You are eligible to participate in this research study if you:
- Are able to visit our lab at CU Boulder
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have no history of seizures
- Are proficient with computers
What does my participation entail? The study requires one visit (2-3 hours) to the lab on East Campus (1777 Exposition Drive, Boulder, CO 80309).
You will play several games with others for money and complete a series of questionnaires. You will be paid $15/hour for participating and will have the opportunity to earn bonus money for your decisions. While playing the games, you will also wear a non-invasive brain measurement device called functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS). fNIRS uses light to monitor blood flow in the brain.
What are the COVID-related safety procedures? We will take utmost care to ensure your safety for the duration of the visit, with stringent procedures approved by CU administration.
- We provide masks, hand-washing stations and temperature checks on arrival.
- All occupants of the building are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All equipment is sterilized between uses with medical-grade disinfectant.
- You will be alone in the testing room for most of the study (a researcher will run the session from an adjacent room, instructing you via video conference).
- Only six people will be in the facility at a time (<50% occupancy).
How will I get paid? You will be paid in cash.
What are the next steps? If you are interested in participating, please contact us at email@example.com.